LaunchBox Community Forums

multi-disc importing is broken

Pr0FiT

In the previous versions when importing a multi-disc game with a structure such as:

Sony PlayStation 2/Metal Gear Solid 3 - Substance/
	./Metal Gear Solid 3 - Substance (Disc 01).iso
	./Metal Gear Solid 3 - Substance (Disc 02).iso
	./Metal Gear Solid 3 - Substance (Disc 03).iso

You would end up with a single LB entry with disc 1 as the "primary" entry and all 3 disc as additional apps, listed in order by disc #, with the title <game name> - Disc x.

Now you end up with 3 separate entries, no additional apps. Running the consolidate function over them results in a single entry with disc 2 as the primary game (in this example anyway), 3 additional apps, listed in order disc 2, 3, 1, and with a title of 'Play (Disc 02) Version...'

This has been a problem at least the last two beta releases, maybe with the previous ones too, not sure.

Edited by Pr0FiT

1 hour ago, ALIE said:

currently re importing all my games. and it works only with a few exceptions that i have seen.

weird. its happened with at least four games now (which is 100% of the multi disc games I've imported recently) and it reproducible every time.

Naming is definitely correct; its exactly as listed in my post and the same naming convention I've been using forever. You may have missed it in my original post but I did use the consolidate feature and it did collapse them into a single entry....just not how one would think it would.

Running the consolidate function over them results in a single entry with disc 2 as the primary game (in this example anyway), 3 additional apps, listed in order disc 2, 3, 1, and with a title of 'Play (Disc 02) Version...'

This may be an issue specifically with the consolidate games feature, and it's probably in the official release as well, I'm guessing. I don't recall specifically handling multi-disc scenarios for the consolidating, so that makes sense. Also, consolidate was not meant to be used to consolidate discs; it was built to consolidate versions with the assumption that discs would already be consolidated, so I'm guessing that's what's going on. Still worth looking into though; it's on my list. :)