LaunchBox Community Forums

A (presumably) easy question

sozuke

Hey guys!

I've been trying to learn how themes work; I've watched Jason's videos on Visual Studio, I've downloaded the community version and played around with it, and I've experimented with editing view files and corresponding images/videos within the awesome themes I've downloaded from this forum... your know, just changing stuff around to learn what happens, hoping to be able to match Critical Cid or Viking one day far, far into the future.

There are some things I can't seem to figure out, though... for instance, your start out in big box by selecting a platform in a platform view, then you go on to select a game, and then you end up in a view in which you can choose "play", "manual" and so forth. This view seems to look the same in all themes, there are choices to do the aforementioned things in a menu to the left, there's a video of the game and a cover in the middle, and a description to the right. What is this view called? I really can't find it. I'd like to make some changes to it, at least remove the video, or maybe even bypass it altogether.

Edited by sozuke

I thought it was GameDetailsView.xaml, not TextGamesView.xaml.

If you want to keep the view available, but also the option to skip it, you can use the Play button (default gamepad button 3, keyboard P) instead of the Select button when in the games list.

Edited by prolecat

TextGamesView is a root view -- contained within it is GameDetailsView.  To get the effect you want, you might need to edit both of these files.  The documentation.pdf file in the Themes folder describes all the views.

That's good to know about the Play button, thanks!