LaunchBox Community Forums

MAME and NeoGeo games on Launchbox/bigbox

legolas119

Hi

i have the MAME 0.183 full set and i would like to add it to launchbox. I know that it is possible, am I right?

I tried a lot of emulator and MAME is the best emulator for neo geo games too so i would like, in addition, to visualize  the Neo Geo games list separately.  Is it possible? Or have i to configure a 2nd MAME folder, with ONLY the neo geo games and then add it to Launchbox?  It would be more easy and comfortable to add to Launchbox only the MAME full set and if possible to visualize the Neo Geo list when i want, as a separate emulator.  

If this isn't possible I think that i have to creare a 2nd MAME folder specifically with only neo geo games and add it to Launchbox/BigBox...

thank you!

Yes it is possible and there are a couple of ways of doing this.

You could separate out your NeoGeo roms using the NeoGeo Rom Copy batch file I have uploaded and import them as their own platform.

Or using the new Playlists feature and add the NeoGeo games to their own playlist and have that show up as its own platform.

ah great! so

1st method: if i use the NeoGeo Copy Zip.bat, i'm sure that in any case when i run clrmame in order to verify my fullromser, it will not delete the new folder named neogeo, am I right?

2nd method: great, so after the import in bigbox of MAME full set, i can create my own playlist with all Neo Geo games?!? Great!!  This feature will be add to Launchobx 7.8 if i'm not wrong?!

thanks

• 1 year later...

Hi Everybody, was wondering if it is really worth it to set up NeoGeo when Mame already has these games? Would I even notice much difference between them? Just thinking about the potential time and space waste if it really isn't necessary or the gain in performance/apearance is negligible.

Thanks