LaunchBox Community Forums

U360/Ultramap support?

Warborg

I've seen a couple of older threads about this but wanted to see what the most current answer is...  Right now I have a cab running Mala w/LEDBlinky to program my U360 for player 1, taking it's info from controls.dat for the individual ROMs/games.  A new friend on FB just pointed me toward Big Box which looks very nice and would like to seriously consider this for when I upgrade my cab, but being able to seamlessly use my U360 is a must...  Any help would be appreciated.

On 3/17/2017 at 10:05 AM, DOS76 said:

Most all arcade controls work with the program and it is LEDBlinky compatible.

Thank you DOS76...  Yeah, wasn't worried about the stick being compatible with the program, just wanted to make sure there was a way for Launchbox/Big Box to program the stick for the various games....  If it couldn't do that, would have really limited the U360's usefulness...

3 minutes ago, kmoney said:

Also not sure if you use rocketlauncher or not but this program I linked down below works great with my ultrastiks and BigBox.

http://www.rlauncher.com/forum/showthread.php?1096-UltraStik-360-Programmer-Program-your-U360s-per-Rom-without-LedBlinky

Thank you kmoney...  I have never used rocketlauncher, but in looking at the directions under the link you sent it sounds like you either have to designate a ultramap for each system of define a map for each ROM which sounds pretty cumbersome if you have a lot of ROMs.  With my Mala/Ledblinky setup it reads the controls needed right from the controls.dat file and uses the appropriate ultramap automatically.  So maybe I'm just not understanding the rocketlauncher directions properly or Ledblinky might still have an edge on it...