LaunchBox Community Forums

Missing Info in BigBox Platform screen

refreshTM

It comes from whatever's assigned (or, more to the point, not assigned) to them in the LBGDB. If the DB doesn't have anything for them in those fields, it's not going to assign anything to those fields in LB. You can add stuff in manually in Manage Platforms -> relevant platform though.

EDIT: I'm not entirely sure where the data is pulled for playlists though. For platforms it's from the LBGDB (and Cave has missing data in the LBGDB).

9 minutes ago, Zombeaver said:

It comes from whatever's assigned (or, more to the point, not assigned) to them in the LBGDB. If the DB doesn't have anything for them in those fields, it's not going to assign anything to those fields in LB. You can add stuff in manually in Manage Platforms -> relevant platform though.

EDIT: I'm not sure where the data is pulled for playlists though. For platforms it's from the LBGDB (and Cave has missing data in the LBGDB).

there are no option to give this information in playlist edit as i can see 

1 minute ago, refreshTM said:

there are no option to give this information in playlist edit as i can see 

Yeah, there might not be for playlists, I'm not sure. There are instances where this issue comes up for platforms and for those you just go to Manage Platforms and add in your notes/other data. For playlists though...

I'll take a look here in a few moments and see if I can find anything. Worst case scenario you could probably edit the playlist xmls to add it in.

• Like 1

Yeah there doesn't appear to be an equivalent for playlists, and opening up one of the xmls just has the same fields that are in Launchbox.

Honestly I guess it kindof makes sense that playlists wouldn't have those fields. Like, for instance, I have playlists for "Shmups" and "Favorite RPGs". How would you put a year for those? It's not an actual platform/console - it's a specific category of games. You know what I mean? There certainly could be instances where someone might have a playlist where that type of data would be relevant but in a lot of cases it probably wouldn't be.

1 minute ago, Zombeaver said:

Yeah there doesn't appear to be an equivalent for playlists, and opening up one of the xmls just has the same fields that are in Launchbox.

Honestly I guess it kindof makes sense that playlists wouldn't have those fields. Like, for instance, I have playlists for "Shmups" and "Favorite RPGs". How would you put a year for those? It's not an actual platform/console - it's a specific category of games. You know what I mean? There certainly could be instances where someone might have a playlist where that type of data would be relevant but in a lot of cases it probably wouldn't be.

You are right in most part, but could have been nice to have an field in Edit Playlist that could fill in those kind of info. The possibility whit this new playlist feature is huge in many ways as i see it :)