LaunchBox Community Forums

Stuck with Retroarch

quepasawein

Hi Guys,

My brain is almost onfire!! I have been 5 hours trying to setup this buy I ran out of ideas... I installed and uninstalled different versions of Retroarch changed different options, rebooted tried and tried but I am done... I need some help.

I could open Snes roms without problem with "Snes9X" so I guess that the problem is in the configuration of Retroarch emulator and not in the Roms. 

So I configured Launchbox exactly in the same way of the Official video tutorial (The only difference is the version that in the video is older than the recent one, in any case I also tried with older version without success). So I do right clic on a game of Snes and in the pop up menu I select "open retroarch", download the core and leave Retroarch. So now is when my nightmare starts!!! In the video say that when I do double clic in a game it should open... But nothing happens!!! I tried the following without success:

-  Open retroarch and after double clic in game without close.

- Save a config file and add it to emulator

- Test with other versions...

- Open the retroarch from the .exe and tried a game and it runs perfectly....

I attach some print screen.58cf33911faea_captura2.thumb.png.36d8b3dc41b858f8d6f12651e44b7b7a.png58cf338eb76ad_captura1.thumb.png.71231771fd74519c2d3932ad854ee9b8.png

I could send more printscreen needed or even record a video or even do TEAMVIEWER.

Can any of you give some help with this, I am out of ideas.

Best Regards.

Or Bsnes balanced, but yea, that config seems off to me. If you had old configs and carried them over from an older version of RetroArch, they've recently been changing up how cfg's are loaded, used and their syntax, so they're incompatible going forward. So if your RetroArch.cfg is from an older install, or in this case that custom config is from an older install, try with no custom config (just remove the line) and / or a clean RetroArch.cfg, but try removing the line first. Also we can't see the full length of both names, but in the left hand sidebar is your SNES platform, make sure that name also matches the one in the associated platforms page.

Good Morning,

Thank you for the Reply.

I deleted all the files of Retroarch from my computer and deleted the emulator in Launchbox.

I downloaded Retroarch again in my computer:

RetroArch.thumb.JPG.3f33d22c6c3b6e9e89eef0f88f03595c.JPGAdded the emulator again in LaunchBoxruta.thumb.JPG.d350ad533ff7c857a671d408888440b2.JPG(EDITED): after publish the post I realised that the qulity of Print Screen are really poor I will improve in next post I am adding the information that is not readable and I think is interesting in this case:

Super Nintendo Entertainment System -L "cores\snes9x_next_libretro.dll" True

You can also check it in the last PrintScreen with more quality that I just Added.

58cfb8b846e20_commandline.thumb.JPG.088d97ce78ffb7552f49825c1f559852.JPG

Launched Retroarch from LaunchBox and Downloaded the Snes Balanced core in Retroarch. I load the core and quit Retroarch and tried to Launch the game from LaunchBox with Doubleclic on the game and Nothing happens....58cfb9e6dc5f6_retro1.thumb.JPG.d67bfc87bf29f2fd383739e3282b89ac.JPGWhen I open Retroarch again from PopMenu open Retroarch, No core is loaded. Am I missing some step? 

58cfba69a0252_retro2nocore.thumb.JPG.45bf3ae06ef86508e5530c8e374d40d4.JPGSentaiBrad: "Also we can't see the full length of both names, but in the left hand sidebar is your SNES platform, make sure that name also matches the one in the associated platforms page."

That 2 names are exactly the same. If you mean there....

2.thumb.png.926747e88cccdd928957dd11da76a6fd.png

Was it what you suggested me to test? Sorry If not I am not IT guy and thank you again for your patient and help.

Best Regards.

Edited by quepasawein
Added print Screens

You're downloading the wrong core without changing the name. Go into your RetroArch/cores folder and copy the name of the core you downloaded. Go back to the associated platform and replace -L "cores\snes9x_next_libretro.dll" to -L "cores\bsnes_balanced.dll" or what ever the name of the core is you are using. You can use any core you want, but the defaults are generally not correct anymore and you can change any system to any core you'd like.

14 hours ago, SentaiBrad said:

You're downloading the wrong core without changing the name. Go into your RetroArch/cores folder and copy the name of the core you downloaded. Go back to the associated platform and replace -L "cores\snes9x_next_libretro.dll" to -L "cores\bsnes_balanced.dll" or what ever the name of the core is you are using. You can use any core you want, but the defaults are generally not correct anymore and you can change any system to any core you'd like.

Absolutelly right now it is Working, thank you for the help and the explanation!!