LaunchBox Community Forums

Rocketlauncher GameName (not finding Clear Logo)(SOLVED)

Coptimus

Hello guys/gals.

I've been using Rocketlauncher from launchbox for fade screens, bezels, etc.  The issue I'm having is that for fade screens, Rocketlauncher is not pulling the Clear Logo.  I've traced the log on rocketlauncher and there is this line which makes me think the platform xml is missing a tag (or Rocketlauncher is expecting a different tag).

The error is below.

BuildDatabaseTable - Ended - no "Game Name" found. Assigning "2020 Super Baseball (USA)" to the label "Name"

I'm fairly certain it relies on pulling this name to match the clear logo.  When I look at an older Hyperspin xml file, there is a "game name" tag.

Any idea what I might be doing wrong?

EDIT: I used the troubleshooting log on Rocketlauncher to find the issue.  Most of my files has a region appended to the end in parenthesis (USA).  Apparently when parsing the name, Rocketlauncher did not like this and couldn't find the files that Launchbox had placed in the Clear Logo folder.  I resolved the issue by unpacking all of my zip files, using Bulk Renamer (great tool), and rezipping the files.  All works as expected now.

Edited by Coptimus

This one has me stumped.  I traced logs and edited xml files to no avail.  The thing is that it gets some of the game names right (and thus presents the logo on my fade screen).  Even when the log shows it didn't find a name, if I change from image (clear logo) to text, it does show the correct game name.

I may have to go digging at the rocketlauncher site.