LaunchBox Community Forums

New to Launchbox I have some questions.

8pak

Hi Alll, 

Im new to Launch Box  after spending most of yesterday trying to get Rocketlauncher/Hyperspin to work how I wanted I switched to launch box today, Ive just installed it and the basic start setup, Its only added a few games.

I have a few questions, 

1. LaunchBox has only added a few of my games (which have been installed direct on the PC but not the start menu), How can I add the rest ?

2. Can I add all the games and platforms at once or do i need to add them one at a time ?

2.1 Can Other windows and windows store games ?

3. Can I use a controller with Launchbox basic?

4. Can the basic be customised or Would i need to buy the upgrade ?

I May have more questions as i go along as you would expect.

1. You can add other games by dragging the shortcut file into Launchbox and choosing no emulator. There are some threads around the forums explaining how to do this.

My preferred method is to put shortcut files for my games in a single folder and then drag them all into Launchbox as my "rom" files. This will then start up the import process, pick any emulator from the list, it doesn't matter which emulator you choose because it will get changed after. Once all the games are imported select all the games with Control + A, right click then choose edit. This will bring up the "Bulk Edit" wizard, choose change emulator and from the 2nd drop down menu leave it blank. Your games should now have no emulator associated with them and they will just launch like a normal Windows shortcut.

2. You can add them all at once.

2.1. I don't know, I don't have any Windows Apps games.

3. You can but it is not optimal at all.

4. You need the premium version for BigBox and themes.

New question guys, I think i may have not setup the emulator and rom side correctly, Ive added the games and emulators but only music plays when i click a game, it does not load the games.

Any thing I should double check ?

Do i need to add the roms to the  launchbox folder ?

Edited by 8pak