LaunchBox Community Forums

Atomiswave naming descrepencies

Styphelus

I was uploading fyers for the Atomiswave and came across 2 games that are the same in the DB

Samurai Shodown VI: Tale of the World's Greatest Swordsman

Samurai Spirits: Tenkaichi Kenkakuden

I don't know what the naming shoud be. The arcade museum lists the flyer under Samurai Spirits: Tenkaichi Kenkakuden but lists the arcade information under Samurai Showdown IV: Tenkaichi Kenkakuden

As it turns out, it's the 6th installment in the Samurai Spirits Saga. Confusing! Having said that, i also uploaded the wrong flyer for it. Please delete one of them, rename the one that's left to it's correct name and I'll upload the correct flyer this time.

Thanks.

Edited by Styphelus

Samurai Shodown is the western title and Samurai Spirits the Japanese one so therefore they should be merged to just one entry with the western title as facing name and the Japanese one as alternative title.

I know it’s a little more work to do but In this cases you should add the Japanese name (and artwork if existing) from the Japanese entry to the western entry and mark the Japanese entry for deletion. As reason just type in that it’s a duplicate of Samurai Shodown VI.

For more info about duplicates check the points 5 and 6 of the database guidelines.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wB80CH3zecXccfQ4Et8NxYa-G1bQuo7eo1YHvkYQ728/edit

• Like 1