LaunchBox Community Forums

autohotkey script from within Launchbox

makaveeti

hey @makaveeti, where are you putting the ahk code in LB exactly? Can you post screenshots of all the tabs of the window you have pasted the ahk code into?

Edit: The ahk tab runs at the emulator level (Manage Emulators menu option). I don't think your game is an emulated game right? So, I'm not clear about where you are putting this ahk code, but I'm 99% sure that is why nothing is running for you for this specific game.

For a specific game, you are much better off using the ahk script/exe in the additional apps of the game which indeed works for you. That is the best method for you to do this with that game.

Edited by ckp

@ckp - You are 100% correct. Well done for identifying the root cause.

I tried using the ahk script tab with an emulated game and the scripts work fine! :)

With regards to Streets of Rage Remake (Windows Game), I created a standalone exe with the following code (see below). After holding button10 and then pressing button 9 on my gamepad, the processes for streets or rage and AHK are closed. I configured LB to launch the ahk exe before the game. Happy days :)

Joy9:: 

If GetKeyState("Joy10") 

Process, Close,  sorR.exe

Process, Exist,  Autohotkey.exe
If ErrorLevel <> 0
    Process, Close,  Autohotkey.exe
Exitapp

Return

very noice !!

you shouldn't have to do this (in fact, i wouldn't do it):

If ErrorLevel <> 0

ExitApp should be good.

Edited by ckp

3 hours ago, ckp said:

very noice !!

you shouldn't have to do this (in fact, i wouldn't do it):

If ErrorLevel <> 0

ExitApp should be good.

Thanks mate. Code looks cleaner.

I'm interested in amending the code so that holding Button9 and button10 for 2 seconds will cause sorR.exe and AHK to exit.

Here is my attempt. It works perfectly for button9 only. What needs adding so that holding both button9 and button10 together for 2 seconds executes the script?

Joy9::
 KeyWait,Joy9,T2 ;wait 2 seconds for release key
 If (ErrorLevel) ;more than 2 sec have passed
 {
  Process, Close,  sorR.exe
  Exitapp
 }

Return

Edited by makaveeti

3 hours ago, makaveeti said:

Thanks mate. Code looks cleaner. What if I wanted to use one joypad button instead as a hotkey but the condition was that it had to be held down for 3 seconds?

I'm sure it's possible, but I haven't tried it. Maybe play with autohotkey's KeyWait. Someone else around here probably has the code for this exact thing. Might want to post a new thread for this.