LaunchBox Community Forums

Nintendo Wii WBF format, what do I do with WBF1 files?

cleverest

Some games are too large and they have a smaller WBF1 file; I am making sure they are imported when I import the game into the same wii games folder...but I've noticed they are not attached at all to the original title in the ADDITION APPS section...does that matter?  Will I have issues with these formats for these larger games when it comes time to access the data?  (Through Dolphin)

Thank you.

- Brett

When you converted them, there are options in the program to not have them split up. WBFS files can be any size, the 4GB file size limit comes in with FAT32 drives, which is what drives needed to be in for some USB Wii game loaders, which isn't the case anymore and isn't the case for Dolphin. If you followed my compression tutorial, the application I brought up certainly has that option somewhere in the options, but check the program you did use and disable that. It might even let you combine them, but you will more than likely have to reconvert the game.

1 hour ago, SentaiBrad said:

When you converted them, there are options in the program to not have them split up. WBFS files can be any size, the 4GB file size limit comes in with FAT32 drives, which is what drives needed to be in for some USB Wii game loaders, which isn't the case anymore and isn't the case for Dolphin. If you followed my compression tutorial, the application I brought up certainly has that option somewhere in the options, but check the program you did use and disable that. It might even let you combine them, but you will more than likely have to reconvert the game.

Thanks, I didn't not create these titles; they were acquired elsewhere; I guess I may have to recombine them in WII MANAGER, perhaps into an ISO :-(

Thanks...I'll see if I can compress them into one file after that.

• 2 weeks later...

A little late I know but I have just run into this...

If you rename both files 

Example:

From

arc rise fantasia.wbfs

arc rise fantasia.wbf1

To

arc rise fantasia.wbfs.001

arc rise fantasia.wbfs.002

Extract it with 7 zip and you will have 1 wbfs file.

• Like 5

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...