LaunchBox Community Forums

What Emulators Am I Missing

Rowan88

Hi,

I just started to download and build a big library for Launchbox.. so far I have Atari 2600, Commodore 64, Nintendo 64, Nintendo DS, NES, SNES, Gamecube, SEGA Genesis, PS1, PS2, Wii.

Is there any other ones I have missed or you recommend me downloading?

Thanks

RetroArch already covers that list for the most part, then go based on what else that emulator does well. RA does Atari 2600, Nintendo 64, NES, SNES, Sega Genesis and PS1 really well. You can fill in the rest of the Sega platforms (SMS, Game Gear, 32x, CD, Saturn), fill in the rest of Nintendo (Game Boy, Color, Advanced, Virtual Boy even). The only cores I stay away from in RetroArch is the DOS, DS, MAME, Dreamcast and PSP cores. I use the standalone emulators for those as they're significantly better I think. You could also go over our list of tutorials on our channel to give you ideas, and if you have any questions feel free to ask.