LaunchBox Community Forums

Delete Individual Steam Games

Mr. Odd

Hello,

So I had a question about syncing steam games with Launchbox. I do not want every Steam game in my library to be synced with Launchbox, and I am able to individually add games just fine. However, would I be able to sync up my Steam account, and then individually delete the games that I do not want to appear?

I think they would just keep coming back if you deleted them, best way is to hide them, just select the games by ctrl clicking each one you don't want to see, then right click on a game and select edit, then just use the bulk edit wizard to hide all the games you don't want appearing.

• Like 1

You can actually go through you list and select multiple games by using ctrl and left click and delete them faster than one at a time

But Steam sync only occurs whenever I actively select import games from Steam? Meaning games removed stay removed unless I select to import games from Steam again?

Edited by Mr. Odd

1 minute ago, Belgarath said:

I think they would just keep coming back if you deleted them, best way is to hide them, just select the games by ctrl clicking each one you don't want to see, then right click on a game and select edit, then just use the bulk edit wizard to hide all the games you don't want appearing.

Ah, that sounds like a great idea! Thank you!

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Belgarath said:

My understanding was it was all or nothing with steam games, but I'm no expert with steam games so could be wrong.

You can add Steam games by importing as a ROM, selecting an emulator, and then bulk edit the emulator to nothing.

• Like 1

Steam games are not added like normal games. If you edit a steam game, you'll notice there's no path. It's a Steam API thing actually, to launch games directly. That way, a path is never needed to be known, Steam just deals with it. You can add steam games like a normal game, and add the exe, but letting the API deal with it is best. You can input that command if you follow another entries example, but you'd need to know what you're doing.