LaunchBox Community Forums

Manually set BigBox resolution

AdamvsMaximvs

Hey Everyone,

I've got BB streaming to my TV via steamlink and it's generally working pretty good, but I am running into one issue;

My PC display is 3440x1440, but my TV is 1920x1080. Steam link (and steam games) detect this and don't have any issues, but big box still seems to think it's outputting to the 3440 monitor and outputs that resolution. It still works, but it shows up in the TV compressed to a narrower band in the middle.

Is there a way to manually set Bigbox to 1920x1080? Since I only use it on the TV, I'm not too concerned about it not matching my monitor resolution. I didn't see anything like that in the options, so thought I'd ask here.

At the worst I can always setup hotkey-resolution switcher and manually change to 1080 so it's not the end of the world, but it'd be nice to have an automated solution

3 hours ago, SentaiBrad said:

No, currently Big Box will display at the resolution it detects for your PC. You can't set the resolution right now. Is your PC display considered your main display in Windows?

Yep, it seems that when Steamlink's active it still only recognizes 1 display as connected. Big picture mode must set it's own resolution and then any game or app (LB/BB included) seems to run at whatever resolution the config is set to. In BB's situation it's pulling the resolution from Windows.

Not the end of the world, it'll just require some alt-tabbing and hotekys to fix.

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...