LaunchBox Community Forums

Scummvm artwork scraping not working

zengeek

For some reason the artwork (especially clear logos)  are not scraping for when I import scummvm games. 

Background 

I have tried this on two different machines / configurations and can replicate the same issue. 

I have verified that the games I want to import have clear logos in the launchbox DB, for example The Curse of Monkey Island. 

I have cleared removed platform and image folder and cleared cache and retried to no avail. 

Steps to replicate 

1. Import Rom file 

2. Select scummvm, etc

3. Ensure clear logo is selected (for both LB and emumovies) 

4.complete and game imported 

Expected result 

Game imported with all available artwork from LB or emumovies. 

Actual result 

Typically only 2d artwork pulls down (not consistently) and no other available artwork is downloading. 

Edited by zengeek
Tidied up

Yea, I wouldn't be surprised if ScummVM doesn't have much artwork. If the games are attached to LaunchBox Games Database ID's, edit a game, and you press the download media buttons, it will come up with what is available on the Database. I generally lean towards combining platforms and utilizing Scrape As, but I actually think ScummVM benefits greatly from having it's own platform. People may not be working on it out of fear that it would be combined, or maybe people just aren't interested in it. To be fair. importing ScummVM games in to LaunchBox is much harder than it should be, it needs to be completely revamped. So I'm sure that's not doing it any favors.

Thanks for the responses. As I said in my original post, most of of the artwork I require I have verified is in the database. So I at not sure why it's refusing to download it. 

I will try your suggestions @SentaiBrad thanks. 

I can source the rest of the media manually, but I am struggling with the clear logos. Does it anyone's know where I could find a wheel pack or something? I have searched quite thoroughly on the web but can't find anything. 

Cheers. 

EmuMovies might have a pack you could use. Also, did you check specific games that you're having issues with to make sure they had all of the artwork? Try and update a single game in LaunchBox and see what it finds. If a game isn't attached to an ID at all, then it wont download anything. You can tell if it is by editing a game and looking in the upper right hand corner of the edit box. If there's a blue link, you can click it and it will take you the Database page too.

• 2 weeks later...

LaunchBox doesn't give an error because it's not necessarily an error. It's always possible that a game just doesn't exist yet on the Database. You can click on a platform on the left, then go to Tools -> Audit, and sort it by LaunchBox Games Database ID's. Anything without an ID isn't attached. It could still have images (which audit can tell you about), but they'd be from EmuMovies.