LaunchBox Community Forums

Custom/Marquee Images on wheel instead of clear logos?

stevaside

Hello

Just bought Big Box, as of now only intend it for MAME...I put a painful amount of time into setting up Hyperspin a couple years ago, but never really wound up using it..One thing I did was download & use marquee images for all my games for the wheel..Guessing this is possible in Launchbox? Can someone tell me the easiest way to do this? From what I remember I named them all the same filename as the roms..if that's the case, would there be an easy way to have Launchbox recognize them all instead of adding each individual one to folders?, which I imagine would be a way to do so. 

Also how would I choose custom background images when scrolling through games? I notice alot are just zoomed in parts of flyers & whatnot with real blocky text/low res (even after selecting the higher res option I believe I saw)

Thanks in advance

Wheels use the 'Clear Logos' so you could replace the images in the folder with the ones you wish to use instead and the fact the file names match your ROMs already is great, I would how ever make a backup of your clear logos as you might decide to use them instead in the future.

As with the custom backgrounds you could try adding a image to the 'Fan Art' folder. I've not tryed this so maybe someone that has could let you know as you may need to turn off / on something in the options

41 minutes ago, Rincewind said:

Wheels use the 'Clear Logos' so you could replace the images in the folder with the ones you wish to use instead and the fact the file names match your ROMs already is great, I would how ever make a backup of your clear logos as you might decide to use them instead in the future.

As with the custom backgrounds you could try adding a image to the 'Fan Art' folder. I've not tryed this so maybe someone that has could let you know as you may need to turn off / on something in the options

Thanks...Yea I copied all the marquee images into clear art folder which were all titled the same as corresponding rom, hit refresh all & they're all there it looks like...SO relieved all that time I spent wasn't put to waste & I didn't have to individually edit every wheel image.

Does having alot of large images hang the wheel up? Its seems alot smoother than Hyperspin, but thinking if I resize all the marquee images I'm now using it could help...Was scrolling quicker with the original clear logos

It could become an issue if you have quite a lot of games, but if you're only going to be playing MAME I wouldn't bother with it. I have 37k games (not every game has an image), and I think my performance is just fine. You can reduce the image quality a bit in the Big Box options, and you could choose different transitions as well. If you want to keep adding systems, or performance gets worse, there are tons of other things that you can do to improve it.

• Like 1