LaunchBox Community Forums

Need Help - Windows 10 ruined everything

PowerCooker

^^^ yeah, I could care less how to do it whether it be simple thru the GUI or otherwise as I am sure many here feel the same way. Win 10 brought some nice stuff to the table and I get the security aspects of mandatory updates, but force feeding new features on a desktop OS to me without an easy way to remove or disable or hell even opt out of is wrong.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

i don't understand why windows 10 FORCES stuff on you which your NEVER going to use.......windows vista and 7 gave you a choice of what updates you wanted to install but 10 forces everything upon you even when you don't want it to and because of this my dreamcast emulator is now screwed up when it worked fine before

currently I NOW cannot log into steam either and it keeps saying I cant connect (its 20.51uk time) is this yet ANOTHER windows issue or is this something to do with steam?

42 minutes ago, PowerCooker said:
i don't understand why windows 10 FORCES stuff on you which your NEVER going to use.......windows vista and 7 gave you a choice of what updates you wanted to install but 10 forces everything upon you even when you don't want it

MS ceo Natya Nadella has been open about moving Windows towards a closed platform that acts more like a service to sell applications forced to comply with their terms of service, similar to Google & Apple's operating systems.

You can't fault them completely. Large corporations are still subject to changing markets. Increasingly there is less market share for $100+ applications (Adobe 's photoshop switch to subscription model) & operating systems (OSX = $30US Android=free).

In the end, I think a closed Windows OS that gives the end-user little control is the wrong move. I don't think this is what their user base wants & I hope they listen to their customers.

Gabe Newell (Valve) has voiced concerns about the direction that windows is headed as a platform for his platform:

https://www.gamingonlinux.com/articles/microsofts-latest-tactics-show-gabe-newell-of-valve-was-right-to-worry.6745

The guys over at Libretro have also been very vocal about this issue:

They are also recently floating the idea of removing Retroarch from the Play store because of recent terms of service changes:

Sorry to get off-topic, but this stuff interests me, and I thought it was a good place for my two cents! [emoji3][emoji3]

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Edited by nadonate
  • Like 1