LaunchBox Community Forums

Beetle Saturn Retroarch core missing

Laser Razor

I believe so. I had it where I was never getting past that, and I replaced BIOS and disc images, then it worked. Look for the Darkwater, Trurip or Redump rom sets for Saturn. Grab a single game and see if that solves it, but bad rips of everything is everywhere.

If Retroarch is saying the bios are present and fine in the core information screen they should be fine.

From there when you load a game you should be taken to the time / date screen and then through that the game should load. Disk images are really important because of Mednafens accuracy compared to SSF you need good disk dumps.

Yea, I would be leaning towards Discs. Even if you got them from several sources, they could all be bad. The only best sources I have found are the rom sets, the ones I mentioned for Saturn. Does the info screen say if the BIOS are the correct version? Sure, it will tell you if they're present, but does it also say, or does that also mean that they're correct?