LaunchBox Community Forums

Religion

dov_EL

Religion is the intimate relationship that man lives with his own faith. Faith is transmitted by parents (in most cases) .
In most cases, your religion depends on the country in which you are lucky (or unlucky) to be born.

In my case, I'm Italian and so for the rest of my life I was a Christian . THEOLOGICAL TEACHINGS , I'm completely different from what the scriptures actually say, especially if we know the original terms in Hebrew .
I do not like to talk about these things in public, because in my nation every form of religion leads to strong prejudices about people.
But, if you want to consume the text you have in your home, without any theological interpretation (or concealment), I can ask you some questions by reading the text that you have in your homes.

After that you will arrive at certain conclusions.
This gentleman is an EX translator of the Bible for the San Paolo Editions (in Italy he is the most authoritative of publishing houses working with the Vatican.
In the video, you will only read this with everyone you already have at home, and no one has ever read it.
If the topic could disturb your faith and your existence, please do not watch the video and close this thread.

But if you want to consume the texts in depth, then go on, listening to your open mind.

Sounds like you need to spend more time in scripture instead of listening to some guy who is making a dime off people's wonder my friend. I get what you are trying to portray but I cannot come to the same conclusion as you having read the bible cover to cover and on going daily. There are many manipulations of ideology being said in these videos here. Spend some time in the word, stop wasting your time on this stuff

I leave you with a question, can you make something from nothing? Can energy create itself? Either the bible is the most fantastic story of humanity ever written or it's the greatest lie. If it's not the greatest lie, boy would that be a mistake for you. Many eye witness accounts occurred, Christ fulfilling all prophecies. The odds of all the prophecies being fulfilled of our Christ is like the same odds of putting a quarter on ever square inch of Texas, painting one quarter on Texas then flying in a chopper and you flinging a quarter hoping to land on that one red quarter. The odds are too incredible to dismiss it

Seek and you will find my friend. The only reason topics like this come up is because Jason is transparent about his faith which is fantastic and if it gets folks searching or challenging thought then Jason is advancing the kingdom because he is getting you to talk about it

Let's clear right away, all my family is Catholic, my family also has a small church in the area. Precisely because I grew up in a deeply Catholic environment, I decided to go further and go down to the technical level.

I live in the province of Naples, and here are impressive religious traditions, we have the Nativity in every house .

So for me it was very hard to undo all my beliefs in front of the evidence of the scriptures without any manipulation. Theological or ideological.

I'm sorry not to speak well in English, but at this point I hope to be able to make clear examples that you will read in your bible, then you will tell me your answers.
I do not even want to replicate, every unod has to remain with your own ideas, if faith helps you to live well, hold your faith close and let the scriptures go..

ok . 
Deuteronomy 32
image.png

In this passage you will read clearly that one who is called ELYON (translated with the Most High), assigns territories,
And he says in a clear and disarming manner that to the Lord (YHWH), the descendants of Jacob have been assigned.

Who could give God only a piece of people? Did God assign to himself a people (ps. one fammily, only Jacob )?

Finally, what is it about verse 12? Can you read please?

Now I'd like to hear your conclusions

In this passage is (YHWH) the first person who speaks, and complains that the Israelites do not listen to their laws (then let's talk about their laws), and then go from other ELOHIM (other gods, strange no?),
And so to punish them, they burn all the first children

Ezekiel 20

2017-05-23_09_36_33-_Ezekiel_20_ESV_-_Is

I do not know if this Bible in English translated explicitly, the original Hebrew terms is BORNING the firstborn, in the Italian Bible the original term "burn" has been made explicit since 2008 by the C.E.I (Italian Episcopal Conference)

The Elohim (plural term translated by theology as singular) were several, and YHWH was one of them, he was not the only one.
And all the elohim wanted to smell burnt fat (human and animal) to calm down.

Numbers Cap 18 
bruciare.png

Exodus 13 -1
13 The Lord said to Moses,
 “Consecrate to me all the firstborn. Whatever is the first to open the womb among the people of Israel, both of man and of beast, is mine.”

1you shall set apart to the Lord all that first opens the womb. All the firstborn of your animals that are males shall be the Lord's. 

Cap 22 ver. 29 

29 “You shall not delay to offer from the fullness of your harvest and from the outflow of your presses. The firstborn of your sons you shall give to me. 30 You shall do the same with your oxen and with your sheep: seven days it shall be with its mother; on the eighth day you shall give it to me.

Leviticus 22( Here YHWH is always in front person talking )  Read please 

And the Lord spoke to Moses, saying, “Speak to Aaron and his sons so that they abstain from the holy things of the people of Israel, which they dedicate to me, so that they do not profane my holy name: I am the Lord. Say to them, ‘If any one of all your offspring throughout your generations approaches the holy things that the people of Israel dedicate to the Lord, while he has an uncleanness, that person shall be cut off from my presence: I am the Lord. None of the offspring of Aaron who has a leprous disease or a discharge may eat of the holy things until he is clean. Whoever touches anything that is unclean through contact with the dead or a man who has had an emission of semen, and whoever touches a swarming thing by which he may be made unclean or a person from whom he may take uncleanness, whatever his uncleanness may be— the person who touches such a thing shall be unclean until the evening and shall not eat of the holy things unless he has bathed his body in water. When the sun goes down he shall be clean, and afterward he may eat of the holy things, because they are his food. He shall not eat what dies of itself or is torn by beasts, and so make himself unclean by it: I am the Lord.’ They shall therefore keep my charge, lest they bear sin for it and die thereby when they profane it: I am the Lord who sanctifies them.

10 “A lay person shall not eat of a holy thing; no foreign guest of the priest or hired worker shall eat of a holy thing, 11 but if a priest buys a slave[a] as his property for money, the slave[b] may eat of it, and anyone born in his house may eat of his food. 12 If a priest's daughter marries a layman, she shall not eat of the contribution of the holy things. 13 But if a priest's daughter is widowed or divorced and has no child and returns to her father's house, as in her youth, she may eat of her father's food; yet no lay person shall eat of it. 14 And if anyone eats of a holy thing unintentionally, he shall add the fifth of its value to it and give the holy thing to the priest. 15 They shall not profane the holy things of the people of Israel, which they contribute to the Lord, 16 and so cause them to bear iniquity and guilt, by eating their holy things: for I am the Lord who sanctifies them.”

Acceptable Offerings

17 And the Lord spoke to Moses, saying, 18 “Speak to Aaron and his sons and all the people of Israel and say to them, When any one of the house of Israel or of the sojourners in Israel presents a burnt offering as his offering, for any of their vows or freewill offerings that they offer to the Lord, 19 if it is to be accepted for you it shall be a male without blemish, of the bulls or the sheep or the goats. 20 You shall not offer anything that has a blemish, for it will not be acceptable for you. 21 And when anyone offers a sacrifice of peace offerings to the Lord to fulfill a vow or as a freewill offering from the herd or from the flock, to be accepted it must be perfect; there shall be no blemish in it. 22 Animals blind or disabled or mutilated or having a discharge or an itch or scabs you shall not offer to the Lord or give them to the Lord as a food offering on the altar. 23 You may present a bull or a lamb that has a part too long or too short for a freewill offering, but for a vow offering it cannot be accepted. 24 Any animal that has its testicles bruised or crushed or torn or cut you shall not offer to the Lord; you shall not do it within your land,

Sounds to me you are questioning the names of God. This is easily explained. A good reference is in the link below but in a nut shell, the names are describing him based on whatever is being discussed in scriptures. It's not like they called him Sam or another name, they used words that described what he was doing at the time.

I too was grown up Catholic but you talk a lot about what your family is but not so much what you are. At some point every person has to choose for themselves. I determined that Catholics pray to many sources which goes against everything in the bible. You shouldn't pray to anyone other then God. Saints and Mary etc are nothing more then followers who did amazing things by the power of Christ, there is no reason to be praying to outside sources. I hope this clears things up for you. Keep on searching

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.gotquestions.org/amp/names-of-God.html

And

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/christiancrier/2013/10/17/7-powerful-bible-names-of-god-with-meaning/

Elohim is translated with God or God's

But this is the last of the problems. The problem is that with Elohim theology has expressed thousands of different temrini, legislators, judges, spenders. Plural abstraction, plural plural of dignity, plural of majesty

well

The problem is that the Bible does not speak of just one Elohim
Elohim Camosh ,
Elohim Milcom 
Elohim Astarte 
Elohim Baal Peor
Elohim Baal Zabub 

Etc etc etc. 
Every Elohim had a people who fought against other peoples.

So the only honest thing to do is to not translate ELOHIM, and leave the original term, so much is the context to let us know what it means .
If wanting to be good, the Bible speaks of at least 20 ELOHIM

Before going to the "New Testament," I would say you should know well well, the "old" will .

The fundamental problem is as follows:
In the Bible as there is no God (as we mean Catholics), there is not even the devil understood as the prince of the demons etc etc.

The Devil in the Old Testament does not exist. Try asking a rabbi, you'll make him smile.
In the texts you will find Satan, but Satan was a FUNCTION and not a spiritual entity.
Satan could be someone who performed that kind of function.
Satan often performed orders from YHWH  , See what the Good God and Satan did to Job . ..

In EDEN (which is never described as the Christendom paradise) , It is never said that the snake is the devil, the snake is Nakash them.
Here too I invite you to ask a Jewish Rabbi.

And in the texts, the original sin does not,
The original sin is invented by Paul of Tarso,
So the fundamental problem is this:
If there is no original sin in the bible, and if YHWH is not GOD.
1) For what reason did Jesse kill himself for a sin that does not exist in the texts?
2) If YhWh is not God, Jesus who is a son?

So much to unpack here my friend. Your comments are not truth and you are reading too much in between the lines here.

If you truly have read scripture, you would understand that lucifer was a fallen angel. His job was to praise God. He rebelled and was cast out. He was later called Satan since he was cast out.

Ezekiel 28 12-19
Luke 10:18

You arnt speaking scripture my friend. Even Sagan must obey the creator and he even does his will for the good

Luke iS NT . 
Ezekiel talk about Gan Eden =  Fencing garden , STOP . NOT Spiritual Paradise . 
Paradise is an invention of Vatican theologians .

The biblical GAN-EDEN - the so-called terrestrial paradise of spiritualistic visions - was a fenced and protected garden (this means GAN: "garden as enclosure", BDB, Hebrew and English Lexicon) in EDEN and in it Elohim cultivated all sorts of plant.

The term GAN corresponds to the tyrannical Pairidaeza, followed by the Greek paradeisos (Senofonte), which derives the Latin paradise that flows into our "paradise".

The meaning is always the same, that is, a place enclosed by a natural or artificial fence that protects it.

Remember 
Forever in Hebrew there is no concept and term . 
The original term is OLAM .

Olam does not mean eternal.
But it is punctually translated with eternity or ternity.

So the theological translations are DELIBERATING false to building a doctrine.

The term Satan is quoted 18 times in the Old Testament, and in all cases is a function performed by ISH (Simple Men) or Elohim (say God for convenience), and is a PRECISIVE role that has nothing to do with the " PRINCIPLES OF SPIRITUAL DEMONS "invented by theology, (Hebrew:) שָׂטָן, Satan, means exclusively and exclusively PUBLIC ACCUSATOR / AVVERSARY which acts only under the command of the Elohim (a plural translated with God), today that function is done by us in the classroom From the Public Ministry, no less.
Another colossal dance comes from with another character who is the NAKASH translated literally as a snake in the Garden of Eden, and Nakash also means "the one who prevents the consequences / connoisseur" in Hebrew, if today I say to someone "YOU ARE A FACE" No one would find it hard to understand that I'm just going to define FURBA that person and it's obvious that the reference does not look like it.
Ultimately comes LUCIFERO that in the Hebrew text is THE STAR OF THE MORNING, and it is related to a Babylonian RE who was tempted by Isaiah who had finished lighting the lanterns in the street with his disobedience "FOR YOU THAT YOU KNOW THAT HE HAD UP THAT COSI LOW etc. etc. "
The authors of the devil's invention (and the fusion of various subjects) were the fathers of the church, respectively: Jerome, Tertullian, Origen, St. Gregory the Great, St. Cyprian of Carthage, St. Bernard of Chiaravalle, Augustine of Canterbury .

and .. 

Isaiah 45-7 Confirms everything

7 I form the light and create darkness,
I do good and provoke misfortune;
I, the Lord, do all this.

----------------

Do you want my absolute truth?
I come not know where. I'm ? You do not know who. I die ? I do not know when . I'm going ? I do not know where . I am surprised to be happy.

Don't know what else to say brother. For your sake, I hope you are right, all you will become is worm food when you die I guess. That's a much more fitting end then if you are wrong. Not a real impressive ending in my opinion either way though

I'm going to continue to put my hope in Christ. Read the New Testament brother. Hope to see you on the other side

Luke 22:31
John 3:16

@jasoncarr you may want to lock this silly thread

And man is not the woman, but the woman from the man; Neither man was created for woman, but woman for man. "(Saul, 1 Cor 11: 8)
"I do not allow any woman to teach or to dictate law to man, but rather to be in a quiet attitude, because before Adam and Eve were formed, and Adam was not to be deceived, but it was the woman who, deceived , He was guilty of transgression "(St. Paul, 1 Tim 2: 12)
"The woman is a temple built on a cloaca.You, woman, you're the door of the devil, you've run the same [male] that the devil did not dare to attack in front of you.is because of you the son of God had to die You must flee forever in weights and covered with censors. " (Tertullian, 155-230 AD, De Virginibus Velandis)
"Truly, women are weak, unworthy and mediocre." (Epifanio, Panarion 79: 1)
"Woman is not made in the image and likeness of God. It is in the order of nature that wives serve their husbands, and the justice of this lies in the principle that the lower ones serve the superiors" (St. Augustine, Eptateuco 1, 153)
"The main duty of a wife is to provide for the government of the house subordinate to her husband. The man has the last word in all economic and domestic matters and the woman must be ready to obey in all things" (Pope Paul VI)
And it does not end there.

ps

Yet believers have never noticed one thing. The name Jesus is decided at the Council of Nicea in 325, of course, D.C. That is, 325 years after his supposed existence. To form this religion there were over 50 groups in sharp contrast, and there was no agreement on the name.
It is then decided that Jesus (arbitrarily decided), the fun thing is to know that the Jewish name was Yeshua (ישוע).
Basically ... I've never seen translating the name of a Japanese type Akira, Takada, Tetsuo, why should the name of a God be localized?

Yeshua = Joshua , not jesus

No. It is the theology that manipulates the scriptures; I am simply giving you the scriptures that no one makes you read.

All the theological branches that are esoteric, cabalistic, mystical, and so on, all adopt a single system that is this:
They tell us when the bible says something, it actually means: ....

Completely changing what you wrote down clearly .

You think I still celebrate Christmas, Easter, my children are baptized, they made the 1st communion (maybe in other countries you do not)

Religiousness is so rooted here that it is indisputable, but that does not mean that I want to reason with my mind and read what I wrote.

I hope that a true good God can exist, but not that of the Bible