LaunchBox Community Forums

RetroArch Mame configs popup

martinconroy

Using the MAME 2014 core in RA (which seems most reliable), but when playing some games I get the MAME config menu or machine test settings popping up. Not sure how, just some (seemingly) random gamepad combo when things get frantic. Especially noticeable playing 1944!
I'm using a generic Tronsmart Mars controller which RA treats as a standard XInput controller.
Anybody know why this happens and how to stop it as it's really making this impossible to use!

If you are talking about the menu you get when you press Tab on the keyboard the first place I would look is in that menu itself. Go to Input (General) > User Interface and the 3rd line down Config Menu, check the bindings there and see if there is anything set there for your controller.

Thanks @lordmonkus - definitely on the right track. Nothing obviously mapped to the controller but clearing some of the "admin" options seemed to help (once I'd changed Esc so it didn't quit RA!).

However, these changes don't seem to stick, When I go back they are all in place again. Where are these keyboard settings saved?