LaunchBox Community Forums

Retroarch spectrum fuse controller

Zeaede

As the fuze core in retroarch have the same keyboard settings like the standalone emulator fuse

Anyone knows how to change fuse controller in Retroarch? I tried but nothing happened

Fuse seems different than other cores in RA

Edited by Zeaede

Hi, because the spectrum was a computer it uses the keyboard by default. Most games did have joystick support though and that support is usually kempston joystick. To enable it load a game then go to quickmenu/controls and switch "user 1 device type" to Kempston Joystick like in the image below. On most games you have to press a keyboard key to start the game with Kempston Joystick support see in the screenshot on Robocop you have to press 3 to start the game with Kempston Joystick. Hope that helps.

Screenshot (136).png

RetroArch 05.25.2017 - 10.48.07.01.png

6 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Hi, because the spectrum was a computer it uses the keyboard by default. Most games did have joystick support though and that support is usually kempston joystick. To enable it load a game then go to quickmenu/controls and switch "user 1 device type" to Kempston Joystick like in the image below. On most games you have to press a keyboard key to start the game with Kempston Joystick support see in the screenshot on Robocop you have to press 3 to start the game with Kempston Joystick. Hope that helps.

Screenshot (136).png

RetroArch 05.25.2017 - 10.48.07.01.png

Thanks for respons

Thanks for respond, before i saw your screens i tried sinclair 1 joystick, then my keyboard settings works with some games others not

I tried your suggesstion with adding kempston joystick with RA

With ATIC ATAC it worked well, have to try some other games with other menu options how that ends up

Spectrum games have 3 kinds of settings

Some games like atic atac let you choose if you want use kemston a joystick or other alternative

Other games like commando will let you choose what letters you want to use for that game

And some games do not let you have an option at all like arkanoid

So im bit confused what best configuration would be

Or should i let RA save setting for some roms individually for that correct controller? Like arkanoid if that possible?

1 hour ago, Zeaede said:

Spectrum games have 3 kinds of settings

Some games like atic atac let you choose if you want use kemston a joystick or other alternative

Other games like commando will let you choose what letters you want to use for that game

And some games do not let you have an option at all like arkanoid

So im bit confused what best configuration would be

Or should i let RA save setting for some roms individually for that correct controller? Like arkanoid if that possible?

Yeah all games are slightly different like that. What i would do is keep kempston as your default, and change it on the games that need something different. This is easy to do just load the rom and go to quick menu, change anything you want different for that rom then "save game override" in the quick menu. That will save anything you changed for that game only, all other games will still use your default.