LaunchBox Community Forums

Imported MAME roms does not combine under parent rom

a_netanel

I'm trying to import a full mame 0.185 split romset.

I've unchecked all the "skip" options in the importer and also chose to import clones.

I've noticed that for some games, the default rom under which all the clones are combined is not the parent, rather some other clone.

For example, sf2ce is the parent rom for Street Fighter II': Champion Edition, but launchbox shows sf2acc as the default game.

Any ideas?

Edited by a_netanel

yeah if you prioritize say North American roms if the parent is world you should in theory still get the NA version instead. So basically LB thinks that version is the best version to match your criteria this isn't always 100% correct though as I've seen Hispanic versions of Street Fighter 2 get imported over the US one in the past.

I indeed called the platform Arcade and use MAME. I did get some extra menus in the import wizard. As I said, I removed the check marks for skipping bootlegs etc.

In the same menu I also selected to import clones disregarding the region.

Was there supposed to be another menu for region selection?

Furthermore, the rom that was eventually used as default is a bootleg, not a regional one.

Okay you did it right then must just be an error like I said I've had issue where it doesn't find the right rom either and you end up with Hispanic Street Fighter when there is a perfectly good US version which I should have gotten.