LaunchBox Community Forums

This is a plugin I am developing with the goal of enhancing and adding additional functionality to the way LaunhBox handles CommandLine parameters, all suggestions and feedback are totally welcome and will probably be implemented if deemed appropriate and possible. This will act as a replacement for the other plugin I created (AutoHotkey Manager), which was kind of a hacky solution, and relevant functionality of that plugin should eventually be implemented.

The current build of this plugin will silently append a games custom CommandLine parameter to use the emulators default CommandLine and Platform specific default command line (where applicable), if no other custom CommandLine is specified, this works extremely well for multi system emulators (like retroarch), to apply a global setting for all systems. All custom CommandLine's can still be tweaked and no custom CommandLine's will be overwritten by this plugin.

The current version of this plugin is attached, and progress (and updates), on this plugin and my other launchbox content, can be found on my GitHub. It will be uploaded to the files section when deemed ready.

I also have a few questions/suggestions about plugin development, mostly for @Jason Carr, Can I / Will it be possible to:

Move Game Menu items, Having plugins unordered at the bottom of the list is a minor annoyance, I know this has already been raised.

Hide Game Menu items when they are not applicable, it's always seemed dumb to me that "Configure" shows up on every game despite it only being useful for windows and dos games, though having my other plugin (PCSX2 Configurator) show up on every game is extremely dumb as it is emulator specific, it would be great if it were possible to have these options not show up when they cannot be used (at least for plugins).

Capture which game triggered an On-Game start event, right now we know a game started but not which one, rendering the information far less useful. I wanted to do something like this in this plugin, however ended up just looping though all games (which may be slow in a big library), and may as well be an On-Launch event without knowing which game was started.

Overall the plugin system seems good, easy to develop for, and easy to use, keep up the good work.

Better CommandLine.dll

Edited by alec100_94
  • Like 1