LaunchBox Community Forums

music help

acrolance

how do i add more then just one .mp3 file to each game in the music folder?

like i want 2 or more different mp3 files to play(one at a time) at random/order when i hover over a game

EX: before i go play super mario bros. i want to to play either world 1 music OR world 2 music at random

so how do i make this happen?

As i said it's not a feature i use so i am not 100% sure myself but i don't think that that is possible at the moment. Actually have you tried creating a folder with the same name as the game and dropping the mp3's in there? If that doesn't work you can use the issues/request in the site header up above to submit a feature request, or search there and see if someone else has already requested it and if so vote on the existing ticket. If you do create one yourself don't forget to link to it in here so people know about it and can vote on it.

Well i have been searching for ages and finally found this.

New Feature: Full soundtracks are now supported for games via m3u playlists in both LaunchBox and Big Box; simply put the m3u playlist file into the music track field

So it looks like you need to create a m3u playlist with all your music files then point the game at the playlist not the files. Hope that helps you. :) 

• Thanks 2

hey hey it works!!!! THANK YOU!

for those who find this page later and want to know how the m3u file works: EXAMPLE CLU CLU LAND

put the m3u file here

C:\Users\(YOUR name)\LaunchBox\Music\Nintendo Entertainment System\Clu Clu Land.m3u

inside of that m3u file looks like (yes the 1st line NEEDS "#EXTM3U")

#EXTM3U

C:\Users\(YOUR name)\LaunchBox\Music\my music\Nintendo Entertainment System\Clu Clu Land\Clu Clu Land-01.mp3

C:\Users\(YOUR name)\LaunchBox\Music\my music\Nintendo Entertainment System\Clu Clu Land\Clu Clu Land-02.mp3

C:\Users\(YOUR name)\LaunchBox\Music\my music\Nintendo Entertainment System\Clu Clu Land\Clu Clu Land-03.mp3

thats how i did it and it WORKS!

my be obsolete later please look at the date of posting :)

Edited by acrolance
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2