LaunchBox Community Forums

Background Video Not Playing

Andreilg

1 hour ago, SentaiBrad said:

Are you using the default theme? Some views may not use background video. It all depends on the theme and the view.

No I'm using the CityHunter theme but the video works in other views but with the same theme so I'm not sure why it decides not to work in this view. It's just an empty background.

Well, you'd need to talk to the theme creators then, which is @CriticalCid and @keltoigael. I think City Hunter was Keltoigael's modification? I have too much crap to memorize. xD 

Without which specific view you're trying to use it would be harder to tell you if that view isn't supposed to use background video. A screenshot of the view your using might help. Also, they do update their themes regularly, so you might try upgrading it if you haven't ever or recently.

On 6/11/2017 at 11:14 AM, CriticalCid said:

Which version of CityHunter do you use? 1.8.2 or the beta version of 1.8.3?

Are all Games Views affected or only a specific one?

Have you renamed the theme folder of CityHunter?

Hey thanks for the reply. It's 1.8.2, not the beta. Most of the game views have the video in the background, just this one and another don't. And no I didn't rename the folder.

Alright, I think I see your problem now. Not all Views feature the video background and use the artwork which you’ve set up in the background image priorities instead There’s nothing you can do about it without manually changing the code in the theme itself.

The upcoming new versions of CriticalZone/CityHunter will be available in a “BackgroundVideoOnly” version. So stay tuned for it.