LaunchBox Community Forums

BigBox allows multi selecting a game if emulators takes long to load?

syntax_X

1 hour ago, Mute64 said:

It would be good to set a custom value for the " loading game " txt that pops up since on first boot up of a game/emulator it can take l9nger than usal to boot and the loading game txt disappears before the game launches....

This would work, but then you would be waiting longer than you have to for the "Loading Game" message to disappear for every other game you go to play after the first.
After the small amount of work I've done with batch I know its possible to tie the "Loading Game" screen and a process in the tasklist together. The problem is a task name and its .exe can differ.
We manually put in the .exe path for every emulator so Launchbox already knows what exe we are using, I'm sure there has to be a way to query the tasklist for currently running exe's.

If so then the 'Loading Game" message can be made to lockout controls till the exe for the emulator being used is active and it "should" fix this issue. 

I kind of thought that's how it already worked though and wanted to make sure before suggesting it.

Then again there's probably a better method I'm overlooking as usual. (Don't say get smarter friends Mods :P )

I thought a bit more about the other emulators I use and Project64 take a long time to load the newest version ( I think its the controller plugin doing something that takes ages?)

But Project64 puts its gui infront of the game menu in BB and locks you out. It takes FS-UAE ages to even get its WHDLoad bar out, and I think I still have control when it is. Will double check.

Thanks for all the input thus far everyone, I like to build on these ideas as a community before sending out tickets for requests. Its nice to know others would also like certain features before bothering @Jason Carr and crew.
If you take a quick look at the issues/requests forms there are a lot of silly issues/requests that clog up the system. It also means if I do make a ticket many more of us will know about it and upvote or downvote accordingly.

Edited by syntax_X