LaunchBox Community Forums

PCSX2 Settings for Arcade cabinet

Wayne100

Hi all, busy setting up PCSX2 - I am going through all my PS2 ISO's, and deleting any that run poor, to free up space. However, it seems that a few games do run ok if I tweak the settings in PCSX2, however this then has a knock on effect with the previous games I have tested, i.e the settings make that game run poor. As this is all going to be inside an aracde cabinet, I dont want to have to keep adjusting settings - what settings are other people using, is there a general 'these are the best settings' setup?

There is no one size fits all settings for PCSX2 unless you use the software rendering which rules out any graphical enhancements like resolution scaling or anything else.

If you want the enhancements you will need to use one of the hardware renderers and tweak each games settings which can be very tedious to setup. The easiest way I found to do this is to use a PCSX2 frontend called Spectabis which supports per-game configs and this then becomes your "emulator" in Launchbox once your games are tweaked and setup. Take a look at this thread here I posted a little while back about Spectabis