LaunchBox Community Forums

How do I get the .zip file to my game

RadicalDogfood

Hi! I am trying to get a new game off of LaunchBox and I haven't done it in a while, but I am hoping you could help me. After I put in all the information for the game I have to add a file into the same tab that I put in all of my information. I then looked back at one of my other games and I found out that it has it's own zip file attached to it. How do I get the .zip file for my game (Pole Position - Arcade version)? And if you could help me figure out how to add a new console to my LaunchBox that would be great.

Thank you!

- Christian Baltz 

Ok, we cant share roms/games links on the forum. 

Arcade games come in a set called "mame". I am sure if you googled the game name and the word rom it would come up with plenty of options on where to find what you are after.

once you have it, its a matter of importing it into launchbox and having the mame emulator setup to run it. As rincewind said,if your having trouble with any of those steps check out a coup,e of the videos on n the launchbox youtube channel and they will get you started

7 minutes ago, massatomic said:

Ok, we cant share roms/games links on the forum. 

Arcade games come in a set called "mame". I am sure if you googled the game name and the word rom it would come up with plenty of options on where to find what you are after.

once you have it, its a matter of importing it into launchbox and having the mame emulator setup to run it. As rincewind said,if your having trouble with any of those steps check out a coup,e of the videos on n the launchbox youtube channel and they will get you started

What does it mean to have the "mame emulator set up" I have downloaded mame... Is that all there is to it?

No, you should run the installer for mame, then create an emulator in that list and link it to the mame.exe file in the install folder.

then once you have that listed , right click the game again and go to the emulation tab and point it towards the mame emulator you just setup.

should be good to go after that

5 minutes ago, massatomic said:

No, you should run the installer for mame, then create an emulator in that list and link it to the mame.exe file in the install folder.

then once you have that listed , right click the game again and go to the emulation tab and point it towards the mame emulator you just setup.

should be good to go after that

I have to enter an applicable platform?

image.jpg

Two things, that file you are pointing to is the installer, not the installed program

then in the assosiated platform tab at the top there should be a line there with the platform name, lb defaults to "arcade" and tick the box that says delfault system( or whatever the label is on the right

2 minutes ago, massatomic said:

Two things, that file you are pointing to is the installer, not the installed program

then in the assosiated platform tab at the top there should be a line there with the platform name, lb defaults to "arcade" and tick the box that says delfault system( or whatever the label is on the right

It is blank ??‍♂️

image.jpg