LaunchBox Community Forums

MCE back remote button does not work on just ONE screen

jachin99

I use a microsoft MCE remote for all of my machines, and I would like to be able to navigate big box with this remote also.  My problem is the back button doesn't navigate backwards within big box when I have selected a platform, and I'm browsing the games for said platform but the back button does work everywhere else.  For example, lets say I press back on the home screen, BIg Box navigates to the options screen, and the remote navigates correctly here, and everywhere else except within games list.  When I select a platform, and the list of games comes up, if I press back nothing happens. 

I have tried to remap the back key but this has not worked.  Has anyone else had this problem

I've remapped the keys in bigbox, and I've used Eventghost to emulate keystrokes.  When I remap the key within big box, the MCE back button maps to left alt, and I get the behavior I just described.  When i use Eventghost to send keystrokes, big box sees the original button press, and the sent keystrokes so that isn't working either.  

Do you know if that remote sends keyboard keystrokes, or if it sends HID codes, or if it sends remote codes or what?  My particular remote sends HID codes, and works off of RF not IR.  It works as advertised in MOST other programs.  I'm trying help others replicate my problem.  I have an IR remote laying around also so i'll try it tonight as well. 

I'm still running into this problem but my setup is unique because I have an RF remote whereas your ortek remote uses IR signals to emluate keybstrokes, my RF remote sends HID codes.  Even when I remap buttons, Big Box sees the original button press (LeftAlt) and displays a side bar on the individual games menu within a given system.  Is there a way to disable this view maybe?  Will auto hotkey scripts block bigbox from seeing HID input so that the program isn't trying to perform two actions at once? 

Change the Joy number and HID number to suit. Run the script 24/7 it will only ever work with the Bigbox window in focus.

Stops alt from being seen ever on alt keypress.

#IfWinActive, LaunchBox Big Box
LAlt::1Joy11
Edited by syntax_X

Just to clarify, this is an auto hotkey script? If I am reading this script correctly, what I would want looks like this correct?

#IfWinActive, LaunchBox Big Box

LAlt::72

I don't need any other verbiage on the right side of those Collins aside from the HID number or do I?

72 is not a key...

1Joy72 would refer to the first joystick and its 72nd HID input.

You need to find out what that button your using is reporting as and what joystick number it is, unless you want alt mapped to a key that is not used.

Run this script and press some buttons, it will tell you what they are doing and name them in AHK format.
JotstickTest.ahk

Then again if you just want to kill the LAlt key you could always map it to an unused button. Your HID input should still be seen but alt will be sent elsewhere.
Something like

LAlt::_ 

Might work for you

Edited by syntax_X

The HID button code is 548 according to event ghost.  The joystick script detects if there is a joystick connected to the PC and won't launch if there isn't one.  So for my script I would type

LAlt::548 or LAlt::HID548?

Thanks for all the help

Where Should I place the AHK file?  If I remember correctly I used to place AHK scripts in the start menu but I believe they have to be Compiled?

Edited by jachin99

I don't have a joystick connected to the computer, and i don't have any peripherals connected to the machine that can be reported as or emulate the movements of a joystick so I dont understand why your showing me a script that requires a joystick.  Even the joysticktest.ahk fails on my computer because there aren't any joysticks hooked up to it.  Thanks for being patient and trying to help out, and I get it if your done.  I can run over to the AHK forums and look around there also. 

• Like 1