LaunchBox Community Forums

Better quality backrground images/fanart for BB?

stevaside

Only using BB for MAME now & all it's doing for background images is taking portions of the arcade flyers, zooming in on them & stretching them, and they look like absolute CRAP on my 50" TV. 

Shouldn't there be some good quality fanart it scans for & uses from some database instead?

I have all mine leftover from Hyperspin, but they were in zip files & almost all were animated images, with multiple files in them to move & overlay...Is there some way to convert these to still images anyone knows of either ?

Thanks

Edited by stevaside

In launchbox go to tools/options/images/background priorities and put a check in any images you would like to see, and uncheck ones you don't, then use the up/down buttons at the side to reorder them. launchbox/bigbox will try and use the top image, if that doesn't exist for a game it will move on to the next image in your ordered list,and so on and so on.

Screenshot (200).png

13 hours ago, neil9000 said:

In launchbox go to tools/options/images/background priorities and put a check in any images you would like to see, and uncheck ones you don't, then use the up/down buttons at the side to reorder them. launchbox/bigbox will try and use the top image, if that doesn't exist for a game it will move on to the next image in your ordered list,and so on and so on.

Screenshot (200).png

Thanks I did that but hardly any games in my collection show fan art at all...Isn't there a resource out there LB can scrape for more arcade fanart?

I've wanted to be able to set arcade cabinet images instead of box art/flyers too & although I see this option is there & I checked it, it appears none of my games are showing them..Im positive I ran into sites out there with cabinet images for many arcade games, why isn't LB set to use the data from them ?