LaunchBox Community Forums

Changes gone when restarting LB of opening BB

Machello

Hi Guys,

I'm having a weird issue with LB/BB. Im using release 7.10. I have 2 new games for Gamecube which I import. Import works, games are playable but when I start BB from LB or restart LB, the games are gone. I tried to delete the gamecube platform so I can import it as a new one. But when I remove and restart LB, Gamecube is still there...

Anyone know why this is happening and if so, what is a possible solution. 

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,

Machello

Imported games gone.docx

Very strange, I have never seen this issue before and the only thing I can suggest is to go into your \Launchbox\Data\Platforms and \Launchbox\Data\Platforms Backups folders and remove any .xml files in there and try re-importing again. You can even try deleting the Platforms.xml file in the \Data folder as well.

Still very strange that switching between LB and BB modes your games would be missing.

Hi Lordmonkus, 

Deleting from \Launchbox\Data\Platforms and importing again did the trick :-). Didn't see the \Launchbox\Data\Platforms Backups folder though. I saw there was a sync conflict (with backup), don't know if that was the issue, deleted both the conflict and Nintendo Gamecube.xml.

Thanks for the tip mate!!

Kind regards,

Machello

Edit: I'm a software tester in real life, I always break stuff with weird issues. It's my job LoL !! 

Edited by Machello