LaunchBox Community Forums

dreamcast reicast retroarch faster for me

haxel666

I've been testing several games on Reicast Retroarch and Demul on an intel nuc5i5ryh machine

And I have better results with Reicast from what I read on Demul is supposed to be better

The sound stays perfectly in sync on the games i tested on Reicast but on Demul sometimes is lagging.

I setup Demul with the launchbox demul guide.

Is it because of my machine more suited to Reicast and not the more powerful Demul?

i tested virtua tennis 1 and virtua tennis 2k

Playing about 20 times 2 player on demul then retroarch and retroarch on my machine was almost perfect specially on virtua tennis 2k couldnt fault it.

demul crashed twice and when it was running now and then had slow downs and sync problems not bad was playable but not as good.

But will keep demul for games reicast cant run

Funniest thing was pcsx2 tennis 2k was terrible graphics compared to dreamcast version and have pxsx2 setup with best options.  Dreamcast was really amazing console ahead of its time just wish i never gave it away.

4 player controls great graphics cool games if it had hdmi and possibly better drive would of been perfect.

Edited by haxel666

You cannot judge the overall quality of an emulator based on 1 or 2 games, it has to be done as a whole across it's library.

Unfortunately right now Dreamcast emulation has stagnated but hopefully the new Redream core for Retroarch can pick it up and improve on a system that is in desperate need of a good emulator.