LaunchBox Community Forums

Startup Video Issues

shinra358

1. Double Clicking on the startup video with the mouse minimizes said video.

2. Can you increase the startup video time to at least 1 min 30 secs?

3. Pressing a button on the controller or keyboard should be able skip the startup video. Can you code it to do so?

1. That's just a VLC thing i believe.

2. That depends on the length of the video you are using.

3. That is not in yet.

A revamp of the startup videos was quite high on the last community poll, so these things will hopefully be addressed soon, i believe jason is going in order of what had most votes.

!. Bigbox can be coded to disable double click and any other thing that can minimize this window during this time to prevent it.

2. I'm trying to use a vid that's 1:10.  Currently, it doesn't go past 30 secs.

3. I know, that's why I asked for it xD

I don't even know where said polls are.

7 minutes ago, shinra358 said:

!. Bigbox can be coded to disable double click and any other thing that can minimize this window during this time to prevent it.

Also for that specific issue bigbox has not actually loaded when the video starts to play, all the video is doing is giving you something to look at while the program is loading, so i'm not sure if it would/could be coded into bigbox itself as you would need to wait for bigbox to load before you run the code to disable the mouse double click. But i'm not a coder and could be completely wrong on that one. :)