LaunchBox Community Forums

Do Homebrew / Patches / Translated Roms go in the DB?

DocCaliban

So I have quite a few homebrew roms for NES and SNES as well as others.  None of these are in the database, and I am hesitant to add them.  Is this something that should go in the DB or should it be left out?

For example I have a great rom called 'Tomb Raider 2600' it's a graphics hack (details here: http://atariage.com/hack_page.html?SystemID=&SoftwareHackID=168).

What's the rules?

As far as I am aware of at the moment no. I generally stay out of database stuff and leave it to others to worry about and deal with but from what I have gathered the few times I have seen people discussing it is that is something that is planned on but right now there is no simple way of handling it.

10 hours ago, DocCaliban said:

So I have quite a few homebrew roms for NES and SNES as well as others.  None of these are in the database, and I am hesitant to add them.  Is this something that should go in the DB or should it be left out?

For example I have a great rom called 'Tomb Raider 2600' it's a graphics hack (details here: http://atariage.com/hack_page.html?SystemID=&SoftwareHackID=168).

What's the rules?

Actually you can add hacks and homebrews to the database. When you add (or edit an existing title) there's now a "Game Type" field where you can choose from DLC, Homebrew, Released, ROM Hack, Unlicensed and Unreleased.

Any hack of an existing game should be marked as such, Homebrew should be left for original but non commercial games.

8 hours ago, Belgarath said:

Actually you can add hacks and homebrews to the database. When you add (or edit an existing title) there's now a "Game Type" field where you can choose from DLC, Homebrew, Released, ROM Hack, Unlicensed and Unreleased.

Any hack of an existing game should be marked as such, Homebrew should be left for original but non commercial games.

Thanks!  I appreciate the information.