LaunchBox Community Forums

import steam games - just installed

prokrastinator

Hi there,

i am new here and right now working on the usability of my arcade cabinet.

I made it primary for some arcade steam games that work with direct input, and also i did some Joy2Key profiles for the games that uses Xinput and have no button mapping.

Just realized that i could not control steam big-box mode with my A-Pac arcade controls, because steam does not let you save your configuration, if you don't map every single button the steam controller has (i have just 4 buttons per player).

Yes, i could plug in a keyboard or my steam controller, and yes i could make another joy2key assignment for the steam overlay - but i wanted to keep it simple. It should run out of the box.

Long story short, Launchbox looked perfect for this!

I found how to import my steam games but it always wants to take my whole library - how do i import only my installed games?

Sorry for my lazy English, i am from Germany also i am writing on a list of good steam games for cabinets:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=851881369 if you want to help me with it (and also correct my bad language) i will invite you as a curator ;)

you can't. you have to let it import all and then you can either hide everything you don't want to show or just delete from Launchbox.

Edit: if you don't use the Steam import wizard, you could just drag and drop all your Steam shortcuts on top of Launchbox game pane and import like normal PC games. You'll have to choose an emulator in the import which can be anything. Then after import, select all of those games in LB and bulk edit to change the emulator value to none.

Edited by ckp
  • Like 1