LaunchBox Community Forums

"Easily" add additonal Arcade Systems.

natemac00

So I just finished adding my MAME Library and wanted to started adding separate emulators and Platforms for Naomi, Model 3, ect... Watching the tutorials on YouTube, it seemed to be this very extended action of using a script to having the ROMs in a different location and importing each system in separately.

Once I did the full import of my MAME library I noticed it created all these wonderful playlist of the platforms I wanted to create and EVEN added them to the Platforms area.

I then simply went to "Tools" and added the emulator for the given platform.

After I went to the playlist(platform) selected all the game for that platform and chose the Bulk Edit option, simply changing the Emulator from MAME to the given platform.

This was so much easier then using one of the scripts that copies ROMs out of the main MAME folder, and keeps the size down as I did not duplicate anything.

Is this something others have figured out and I'm just late to the game?
Because based on the "Arcade" YouTube tutorials I went threw first (for NAOMI), this seems to be a much easier way of doing Arcade Platforms that exist in the main MAME Set.

I hope this helps others out there to speed up there import.

Yep, that is exactly the way you should do it. :) Those tutorials where created before importing mame would auto create those arcade playlist's during the import process, so are actually a bit outdated compared to what features Launchbox currently has. Thank's for the thread though might come in handy when others are googling this themselves.