LaunchBox Community Forums

ultrastik 360 and pc games

latin625

If you have a X-Arcade tankstick I think the problem is your PC will see the 360 sticks as controllers and the tankstick buttons as keyboard presses. You need to use a combination of vjoy and x360ce. Make two virtual joysticks with vjoy for just your 1p and 2p buttons on your Tankstick. Now your PC will see 4 controllers, the U360 sticks and the vjoy controllers. You then have to use x360ce to "combine" them into two controllers, assigning the 1p u360 stick and 1p buttons for controller 1 in x360ce and the same for the 2p stick and buttons for controller 2.

If you need help using vjoy and x360ce I just did a long write up about it in a thread in the "noobs" section about 2 player Steam games on an arcade cab.

• Thanks 1

Vjoy looks set up correctly, on x360ce, your screen shot shows controller 2 with what looks like your stick set up as the analogue stick on 360 pad and the d-pad. Make sure you set up controller 1 on x360ce with your player 1 side u360 stick, and try just setting it to the d-pad and leaving the stick axis parts blank.

You also need to map the controller buttons in x360ce to the buttons on your stick, with vjoy running, along with mapping the u360 sticks. That's what I meant by combining them with x360ce, you map the u360 stick to the d-pad in x360ce and the buttons (with vjoy running so they look like controller buttons to x360ce since it doesn't work with keyboard presses) on your stick to x360ce so your PC will see one Xbox360 controller and not two controllers (the u360 stick and the vjoy controller).

• Like 1

Yes, you want to check the block keys checkmark.

That's odd, it all looks correct from your screen shots. Just to check, you did unzip x360ce inside of the program files of the game you're trying to play and are configuring x360ce by opening it from inside of the game's program files (the spot where the game's .exe is)?

ok, so I mapped the "back" button to xbox360ce.  That now works.

It looks like the directional keys within the game are set to the arrow keys of up, down, left and right.  But I can not seem to map those to my xbox360ce...  I have them set to none in Vjoy, is that correct?

Once again, everything looks good from the screen shots. You are closing put x360ce before launching the game? If so, you could try switching it and mapping the u360 to the analogue stick instead of the d-pad. I don't have any u360 sticks to test things out with, unfortunately. 

I cant seem to understand when I launch the game and I go to the controls, the keyboard control is always first.  But, you can see that the game has other control options and some are my vjoys...  it is impossible to select them as a preferred control option.  It is always the keyboard.

Also, sometimes i see an xbox controller as the icon, but can move forward.  If I go back one screen and then forward again it turns into a keyboard.  lol...  Sheesh...