LaunchBox Community Forums

Splintered platform categories.

Kagan

Hi all,

I have a small problem that is hopefully easily solvable: I recently booted up LaunchBox to find that my categories had been divided up into smaller subcategories. What had before just been “Arcade” is now “Atari Classics” “CPS 1” “Konami Classics” and so forth.

I can see how some people want it to be sorted like that, but since I am using BigBox in an arcade cabinet used by people with no deep knowledge of gaming history, I would very much like to revert back to the “simpler” categories of “Arcade”, “Sega Saturn” and so forth.

Is there a simple option for this in the menues, that I have somehow missed?

the new categories are just autocreated playlist and they can be safely deleted or edit to only show up in playlist without actually removing any roms you added already. To delete them simply right click on them in the sidebar of LB and choose delete. To edit them and only have them appear under playlist right click the entry in the sidebar and go to edit, on the form that opens you can uncheck the checkbox that is making them visible in LB.

Edited by DOS76