LaunchBox Community Forums

Beta (7.11-14) cannot scrape data from GameDB?

lotus

I'm using the current beta (7.11-14) and it won't download metadata from the Launchbox GameDB. It only grabs info from Wikipedia. The live release version (7.10) works fine, is this intended?

Edited by lotus

Jason, I have no idea how this could be reproduced.

In all previous cases, it went like this: I upgrade from 7.10 release to 7.11 beta, play around with it for couple of days, everything works great, then scraping just stops without a warning. Regardless of what I type in "add new game" dialog, I never get any hits in gamesDB, only in Wikipedia. Tried searching for "a" — still no hits :)

Once the scraping stops, it stays this way forever. The only way to fix it is to go back to 7.10.

I did a fresh install of 7.11-15 to test this bug again and it won't scrape data from GameDB right off the bat, only Wikipedia. Took a peek at Metadata.xml  and it seems fine at first glance but I've uploaded it here just in case.

Not sure how to reproduce this bug other than a fresh installation. I don't know if it matters but I installed 7.11-14 from the updates folder, then updated to 7.11-15 and downloaded a metadata update when prompted.

Edit: I just did another fresh install of 7.11-14 without updating the version or metadata package and it also won't scrape from GameDB right off the bat.

Metadata.zip

Edited by lotus

I did some more testing and I think I've actually found the problem: It won't scrape from the Launchbox DB if the Platform is empty. On 7.10 it still scrapes even if the platform is empty. This could be the only issue, but I'll keep you notified if there are any other scraping issues.

Edited by lotus
  • Like 1