LaunchBox Community Forums

Question about Big Box.

Didde3000

8 hours ago, Retro808 said:

I believe basic membership only gets access to artwork not videos. 

Yes this is correct, the free emumovies account will let you grab images only. If you wan't to grab movies as well through launchbox you will have to pay for the emumovies premium subscription. However with the free account that you have you can download the movies directly from the emumovies website and just place them into the correct folders manually, but as you noted in your original post you will be limited to 1.5gb per day at a reduced download speed. This method works just fine though, just download and unzip to the correct location which is Launchbox/Videos/Name of platform.

Thanks Neil! One question though. Say I would like to add a Super Mario Bros video. 

Ok so I have the video lets say its namned smb.mp4! You told me to put it in:

launchbox/videos/nintendo entertainment system

Then what? Dont I have to know what to rename smb.mp4 to?

Thanks!

7 minutes ago, Didde3000 said:

Thanks Neil! One question though. Say I would like to add a Super Mario Bros video. 

Ok so I have the video lets say its namned smb.mp4! You told me to put it in:

launchbox/videos/nintendo entertainment system

Then what? Dont I have to know what to rename smb.mp4 to?

Thanks!

Generally the movies from emumovies will already be named correctly, but if for some reason they are not they just need to be named the same as the rom. So smb.mp4 would likely not attach to the correct game, but just renaming it to Super Mario Bros.mp4 and it should attach just fine.