LaunchBox Community Forums

Issue exiting Retroarch

joel

I have an interesting issue.  I have Bigbox configured to use controller automation to exit games.  bigbox and retroarch are set to run as admin

Senario 1

I login to my pc, run bigbox and run an snes game using retroarch. when I exit with select+start retroarch doesn't exit. so I force close retroarch via task manager and after that, if i relaunch any game  that uses retroarch and exit  with select+start it works fine. 

Why does it keep failing to exit on the first launch every time I turn on my computer?

Senario 2

so i disable controller automation in bigbox and configure retroarch to exit with its own internal settings hotkey and it exits fine each time no problem.  

the problem is that all all my other emulators will need to be somehow configured to exit without controller automation, if someone knows an easy way to do this please enlighten me. 

If i leave controler automation on in bigbox, and retroarch configured with its own exit hotkey, both which use select+start, retroarch exits but when it gets back to bigbox, it acts as if it doesn't detect any controler input. 

is there a fix for retroarch not exiting? I'm trying to look for a solution but i can't find it anywhere after a few hours of digging on google. 

Thank you all, 

Joel

• 1 month later...