LaunchBox Community Forums

Database Change Approval/Rejection | How does it work?

GunerX

so lately ive been playing through the Xenosaga series, and i decided to help out the DB by fixing some things (adding info where there previously was none, adding images etc etc) and I've noticed something....odd....

all of my Xenosaga 1 and 3 changes are being approved (cool, good), but EVERY xenosaga 2 change was rejected....uhm....wut??? someone out there got a hardon for Xenosaga 2????? you guys ok over there????? 

if there is a legitimate issue with the changes (i dont see why there would be, all the images i uploaded were very good) then you should explain what the issue is. If there are no issues, then you should approve them.

What do?

I am just looking at the database page for Xenosaga 2 and there is already high quality box front, and box back, 3 fanart images and a clear logo. What images are you trying to upload? Also just a fyi i don't moderate on the database so i can't say as to why they were rejected. The only thing i can think of is the images you wanted to add were of lower quality than what is already there, or they are watermarked in some way, that is just pure speculation on my part though.

I think I understand why they were rejected now.....

this...moderation system...needs some work....

I am now able to moderate game additions, however, on every single moderation in the que, it says, "New Game" and my choices are "Accept. This game does not exist in the database yet" or "Reject (with various reasons)".

However, almost ALL the games that it is showing me DO already EXIST. Which leads me to believe these are not "New Game" additions, these are changes to existing games that are being requested. But due to the way the information is presented, whoever is moderating thinks that since the game already exists there is no need for a second copy of the same game in the database, so they reject it.

Can someone clarify this for me?

-update-

im wrong. i skipped those new game additions and eventually found "image change" choices.

Edited by GunerX