LaunchBox Community Forums

Playlist Clear Logo

GunerX

according to the readme of the theme I am using, i just go into the theme folder > CriticalZoneV2 > images > Platforms > Clear Logo > and put the image here and name it the same name as the Playlist. ok. I did that. but bigbox isnt loading it. Ive restared bigbox many times, deleted the cache, refreshed the cache, force loaded all wheel images, etc etc.

Playlist name is "Metroid" image name is "Metroid.png". what am I doing wrong?

This is a playlist not a platform, so it actually should go in CriticalZoneV2/Images/Playlists/Clear Logo. If those folders are not already there just create them, so a Playlists folder within the Image folder, and a Clear Logo folder within that. You will of course then have to refresh your cache.

Hope that helps you out.

Just now, neil9000 said:

This is a playlist not a platform, so it actually should go in CriticalZoneV2/Images/Playlists/Clear Logo. If those folders are not already there just create them, so a Playlist folder within the Image folder, and a Clear Logo folder within that. You will of course then have to refresh your cache.

Hope that helps you out.

yes. this is what i ment. i just typoed platform.

i put it into Playlists and it still didnt work.

Just now, neil9000 said:

Ok have you tried just putting it in the main images folder rather than the theme one? It would be Launchbox/Images/Playlists/name of your playlist/Clear Logo.

yes. that is what i ended up doing. it works that way.

but if i ever want to change themes its going to get complicated :/

Yeah that way will be used across all themes if placed there. It's weird though it should work just fine in the theme folder. Have you placed it in a folder called Metroid or is the logo in the clear logo folder by itself? When you refreshed the cache did you use the refresh all option?

1 minute ago, neil9000 said:

Yeah that way will be used across all themes if placed there. It's weird though it should work just fine in the theme folder. Have you placed it in a folder called Metroid or is the logo in the clear logo folder by itself? When you refreshed the cache did you use the refresh all option?

? does it need its own folder inside Playlist??? like > Playlists > Metroid > clearlogo.png

8 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Cool, good to know.

Glad you got it working correctly now. :) 

nvm. i spoke too soon. it was the Cache that was keeping the logo in place. after deleting the cache and making a new fresh one, there is no clear logo again.... -sigh-