LaunchBox Community Forums

How do I set custom resolution pcsx2?

meshflesh

Hi all.

My laptop runs pcsx2 best at 1366x768 resolution. I was wondering  if there is a Auto hotkey script that can be ran within launchboxx to force pcsx2 to run at 1366x768 and then switch back to 1080p native upon exit??

Note: yes I'm aware I can run pcsx2 in windowed mode at 1366x768. But I want full screen. Thanks!

Edited by meshflesh

Thanks for the quick reply. 

Both spectabis and pcsx2 don't have the specific setting I need.

Which is to have full screen resolution of os temporarily changed to 1366x768 while pcsx2 is running.

Currently...pcsx2 offers the option of setting internal res to native ps2. But when in full screen il...it's upscale to 1080p causing performance issue.  

When I use a 720p window....performance is flawless. But I can't get same performance in full screen due to 1080p upscaling. 

You could probably use a resolution switching utility to change the resolution using the additional apps though that would be cumbersome if you have a lot of PS2 games. There may be an AHK script to do it but I am not familiar enough with AHK scripts to know if that is something in its capabilities.

Just a side thought out of curiosity though, does PCSX2 run fine for you using a software renderer at native resolution ?

4 minutes ago, lordmonkus said:

You could probably use a resolution switching utility to change the resolution using the additional apps though that would be cumbersome if you have a lot of PS2 games. There may be an AHK script to do it but I am not familiar enough with AHK scripts to know if that is something in its capabilities.

Just a side thought out of curiosity though, does PCSX2 run fine for you using a software renderer at native resolution ?

Yes. Software render is fine when it comes to 2d games.  But 3d games is when I get frame drops. 

I've found windows apps that does resolution switching. But idk how to get them working with launchbox..

You might be able to use one of the switching apps with the additional apps tool in Launchbox. If you edit a game you will see the Additional Apps tab, in there you can have programs run before or after a game loads or closes. The downside is that it has to be done on a per game basis.