LaunchBox Community Forums

PC-Engine CD + Retroarch = problem

Snayperskaya

Does anyone knows if the redump set of PC-E CD have issues with RA? I've been trying to get it running for a couple hours or so, with no avail. Tried half a dozen "syscard3.pce" files, only to get a infinite loading BIOS screen. Any help would be appreciated.

If it helps, games are cue+bin inside standard zipfiles. cuesheet looks like this:

CATALOG 0000000000000
FILE "3x3 Eyes - Sanjiyan Henjou (Japan) (HE100523) (Track 1).bin" BINARY
  TRACK 01 AUDIO
    INDEX 01 00:00:00
FILE "3x3 Eyes - Sanjiyan Henjou (Japan) (HE100523) (Track 2).bin" BINARY
  TRACK 02 MODE1/2352
    INDEX 00 00:00:00
    INDEX 01 00:03:00
FILE "3x3 Eyes - Sanjiyan Henjou (Japan) (HE100523) (Track 3).bin" BINARY
  TRACK 03 AUDIO
    INDEX 01 00:02:00
FILE "3x3 Eyes - Sanjiyan Henjou (Japan) (HE100523) (Track 4).bin" BINARY
  TRACK 04 AUDIO
FILE "3x3 Eyes - Sanjiyan Henjou (Japan) (HE100523) (Track 5).bin" BINARY
  TRACK 05 AUDIO
FILE "3x3 Eyes - Sanjiyan Henjou (Japan) (HE100523) (Track 6).bin" BINARY
  TRACK 06 AUDIO
FILE "3x3 Eyes - Sanjiyan Henjou (Japan) (HE100523) (Track 7).bin" BINARY
  TRACK 07 MODE1/2352
    INDEX 01 00:03:00

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, lordmonkus said:

Not sure because I have mine all unzipped to begin with. But if I had to guess you either didn't have the "Extract rom archive" box checked or the cue sheet was looking in the wrong place for the bin files.

I was testing them at emulator level (in order to eliminate all possible problems). Even after ticking the box you mentioned, it didn't work. :/

Ahh, yeah at the emulator level it won't work, it needs to be extracted first. With the extract rom box checked it will extract it to a temp folder and run it so it should work that way through Launchbox with them zipped.

But again keep in mind this is just my best guess because I don't have any of my stuff zipped, I prefer to have it all extracted for faster loading and I have enough drive space.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lordmonkus said:

Ahh, yeah at the emulator level it won't work, it needs to be extracted first. With the extract rom box checked it will extract it to a temp folder and run it so it should work that way through Launchbox with them zipped.

But again keep in mind this is just my best guess because I don't have any of my stuff zipped, I prefer to have it all extracted for faster loading and I have enough drive space.

Actually, I just found out why it wasn't working: While I was messing with LB emulator settings, I've deleted the correct entry for the platform name under the RetroArch platforms. I checked at the ROM level (a couple games) and since I saw a value there, I thought it was OK. Corrected the entry at emulator level and voilà! Thanks for the help :)