LaunchBox Community Forums

Mame Romset...confused

Dr. Bo

Hi,

I try out Retrearch and Launchbox and look whats best for me!

Now i want add a Romset to Retroarch and some Games are working and some not.

What can i do to sort out the corrupted/Clone Roms?!

Or, are there a good Romset out that already sorted?!

I heard of CLRMAME but i dont know how it works!

I don't know of any pre sorted rom sets but during the import at the 2nd to last step you will have a box that looks like this:

59dd4c311f948_2017-10-1018_39_16-ImportGamesfromFilesWizard.thumb.png.4c08b6c5d1dbb7237c1c65b66966fa97.pngCheck the bottom box "Force using MAME metadata", you will then get a different window for next step where you can filter out a large percentage of the junk.

59dd4c93045c6_2017-10-1018_41_06-ImportGamesfromFilesWizard.thumb.png.6f217e251b9dee4272ecb0061f71112e.pngBonus Tip: At the bottom of this window turn off the check box for "Create Playlists" if you don't want Launchbox to automatically generate them. Some people don't want them while some people do, it's personal preference.

• Like 1

I forget which Mame core would be best for that set but either the 2014 or 2016 core (probably 2016). They used to have all the cores listed and what version of Mame they were based off on the Retroarch wiki but that seems to have been removed or moved.

My honest opinion on the matter though is you should use a stand alone version of Mame for a romset that old, those older Mame cores are not as good as the stand alones like it is now. You can get a UI version of Mame and use the audit tool in it to figure out what roms are good and bad and what the bad ones are missing.