LaunchBox Community Forums

layout help

kiddanplay

Ok i have pretty much got my launchbox looking the way i would like it to look. Only problem is for the life of me i cant figure out how to adjust the last couple things and i have looked everywhere. I will attach screen shots of exactly what i'm talking about and walk through each of them specifically forgive me as this will be a lengthy post of multiple questions.

1) for the picture "layout issues" and "folder" - This is 2 part ...Part 1, If you look at the "folder" image you will clearly see i have the wheel art present. I have the full pack recommended on the cityhunter 2 theme page and they are all in the folder yet for some reason only a few of them are actually showing up...We can use dreamcast as the example for this...i have the dreamcast wheel image in the pack but for some reason it gives the default one... What could be causing these to not show up correctly? 

Part 2 of question 1: Notice at the bottom where it shows the MP3 playing? i have playlist of MP3s for background music which i love that functionality but is there any way to prevent that box from showing up? its super annoying to keep seeing it pop up...would like to have that continue to play my music and never pop up...i dont need to know what song is playing.

2) for the picture "Issue 2" when i choose a console or arcade system for some reason the image at the top "consoles" shows up. How do i prevent that from showing up at all? it only happens when i stop on a system for some reason.

3) for the picture "issue 3" when i finally decide on a console such a 32x i get a full screen animation and video which i LOVE...but my wheel goes away. Is there any way to keep that wheel in place and just lower the opacity while that animation and video is playing? 

Thanks for putting up with me and the questions

layout issues.jpg

issue 2.jpg

issue 3.jpg

folder.jpg

Ok, there is a lot here so lets do the easy ones first then attack the others. The music track pop up box can be disabled by going to Options/Sound/enable onscreen music display and disabling it. As for you platform logos not displaying have you gone to Options/Image cache and refreshed platform images? The consoles logo appearing at the top is a feature of the theme, as is the wheel fading out. If you want totally full screen platform videos you will have to live with that ,or swap to a different view in the theme. I personal use the view below, not fullscreen but still a good size. Also I see in your final image of your file system that you have it setup rather strangely, you shouldn't have a folder called "customicons" launchbox will not no to look there all your clear logos should be in themename/images/platform/clearlogo or theme/images/playlist/clearlogo.

So you can try the suggestions here, and if you have any further issues or questions just post back I am more than happy to help.

Screenshot (73).png

well then :-) that took care of that... i actually dont mind that view you have on yours it was my second runner up :-) thanks for the assistance that MP3 box was driving me nuts and i couldnt figure out for the life of me where that was...probably because i was digging for settings on that wheel opacity that didnt exist lol