LaunchBox Community Forums

Additional Apps Changed

Styphelus

I used to use the Additional Apps to add game guides, maps, trainers and so on and they would display nicely on the left side of the Games Menu. Unfortunately for some inexplicable reason, in one of the Lunchbox updates that got changed. All I get now is a menu item that says Additional Apps/Version and a pop up menu listing all my added content. Why? I don't like this at all. Is there a way to revert back to the old way of displaying things?

• Thanks 1

On 26/11/2017 at 3:29 AM, Styphelus said:

I used to use the Additional Apps to add game guides, maps, trainers and so on and they would display nicely on the left side of the Games Menu. Unfortunately for some inexplicable reason, in one of the Lunchbox updates that got changed. All I get now is a menu item that says Additional Apps/Version and a pop up menu listing all my added content. Why? I don't like this at all. Is there a way to revert back to the old way of displaying things?

I have to credit this post here, because up until now I didn't realise "Additional Apps" could be used for such a thing. I thought it was just for consolidating regions and versions etc. So this post right here opened up a whole new avenue of things I've been doing - old video adverts, wiki guides, interviews. Wow. Before I was joining PDF's together and shoehorning them into the "Manuals" entry. So thanks Stiff.

Saying that though, what is it you don't like about the new Pop Out Menu though? I like it for this stuff. You can make the name as long as you like and it is a lot tidier surely?

Edited by JamesBond@ge

On 12/2/2017 at 4:03 PM, Mithrot said:

I'd like to rename mine to "Launch Additional Content", etc. 

That would be better.

I guess I wouldn't mind it so much if it had the above title. 

It bugs me because there's an option to view the Game Manual already there and now I have this Additional Apps for everything else. Before at least it as consistent. I had Game Manual and I would add Game Guide, Game Trainer, Game Maps and everything looked the same and was grouped together on the left side of the screen. Now things look out of place. Game Manual is still there and for everything else I have this ugly menu item with a pop up box. Just personal preference I guess.