LaunchBox Community Forums

Exiting Big Box with Xbox One Controller

vikingr

Hey guys,

I just bought the 1 year license and I'm really happy with Launchbox!

I figured out pretty much everything I want. The last thing on my list is to exit BigBox via Xbox One Controller. I just want to press two buttons (L3 + Back) and get back to BigBox from ingame. I read a couple of topics but nothing seem to work.

Autohotkey just works in Launchbox, but not in BigBox. Using Escape works in both modes though.

$Esc::
{
	Process, Close, {{{StartupEXE}}}
        Run, D:\Program Files (x86)\LaunchBox\nomousy.exe
        WinClose, ahk_class window ahk_exe demul.exe
}

#SingleInstance Force

Joy1::
if GetKeyState("Button7")
if GetKeyState("Button9")
{
	Process, Close, {{{StartupEXE}}}
        Run, D:\Program Files (x86)\LaunchBox\nomousy.exe
        WinClose, ahk_class window ahk_exe demul.exe
}

This is the code I'm using.

Couldn't get Xpadder to work and I don't really want to buy it either, but I may do that if there is really no other way.

Can anyone come up with a solution? Thanks in advance!

You can use Launchbox and BigBox built-in controller automation to close everything but the frontend. Just set it up to hold a button, then press another to do something. In you case you set L3 as the hold button and Back to close the application.

Here are some screenshots to guide you, in my case, I use Back + Start to close the applications since the arcade stick I use sometimes doesn't have L3. :)

BB-CAutom.thumb.jpg.995801da7b132b3114cfdd3426928db3.jpg5a21fe8878cff_LBCAutom.thumb.png.c903b0dccdad2ea59ea3675cc4ab00ea.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Ah awesome! I tried the Automation already but only in Launchbox. I didn't know that there is another option for that in BigBox too. Thank you so much :)

Edit: For some reason Demul and Project64 1.6 exit to desktop. BigBox is still running in the task manager but not visible anymore. Any clue how to get back to BigBox exiting those emulators?

Edit No. 2: Okay, so I changed the AHK command to this:

$Esc::
{
	Send, {Alt Down}{F4}{Alt Up}
}
Return

And it works. :)

Edited by vikingr