LaunchBox Community Forums

Good small emulation device?

JerseyXS97

So I currently have 5 things: A GPD XD, a GPD Win, a Nvidia Shield Portable, and homebrew enabled PSP, and a homebrew enabled N3DSXL with an extended battery. All of them are fantastic for retro gaming and emulation. Unfortunately, they all still have some decent bulk to them (though still more practical than a Switch imo). I was hoping to find a smaller device, maybe about the size of a GBA, that could serve a similar purpose even if I had to be limited to SNES~GBA, etc. Possibly RasPi based, but unfortunately, I can't find anything readily available for purchase. Any suggestions?

Edit: Considering an old Xperia Play.

On a little side note, I also have both a Moga Hero Power and a Moga Pro Power for my phone, and while they allow for a lot more variety in gaming than a RasPi would I'm still very curious about this sort of thing.

I have a GPD  X D and I love it. I posted a detailed review of it on these boards, you can search for it in the "monkeys" sub if you like.  The reason I like it best of the devices you listed is:

Flexible and powerful 

Touch screen with android

Small and light

decent to excellent buttons

long battery life

I have bought plenty of cool devices before and never actually used them. I use my X D all the time. It is wonderful for traveling (I am traveling now, its a life saver for  all stages of travel tedium). 

Highly recommended. 

Sometime soon GPD is releasing an updated model of the X D that includes a 64bit processor, more power overall, and andriod 7. I have the older version and I love it to pieces, so don't hesitate to pick one up whenever you need it. 

Edited by mothergoose729

Well, I appreciate the input but I've already said that I have both of the devices you guys mentioned, I wasn't asking for you to choose among them. Fantastic little things for sure. I was hoping for something more along the lines of this:

FkW9QCl.png

A small little thing around the size of a GBA/GBA Micro. I was hoping someone could recommend something to me around that, from personal experience.